Union Square is getting ready for the Big SF Chefs. Food. Wine Event. Here is a picture from our roof where they are setting up the tent. As you can see, the entire Square will be tented for the four day food and wine event celebrating the unique flavor, diversity and bounty of Northern California.
The tasting tent will cover almost the entire Square, where chefs, wine makers and distillers will offer an exploration of taste featuring local products.
There will also be classes and seminars that will offer interactive opportunities for the public to participate with local farmers, ranchers, chefs, winemakers, distillers, media, luminaries, authors, vintners, mixologists and culinary experts in an entertaining forum.
Check out their web site for more information: http://www.sfchefsfoodwine.com/
Here is some event schedule information:
- Welcome to SF Chefs. Food. Wine., August 6–9, 2009
- Thursday Night Opening Reception Rising Star ReunionThursday Night Opening DinnerHosted by Epicurious.com
- Friday Morning Sessions
- Friday Grand Tasting
- Friday Afternoon Sessions
- Friday Night Party at Orson
- Friday Night America's Culinary Pioneer Award Dinner
- Saturday Morning Sessions
- Saturday Grand Tasting
- Saturday Afternoon Sessions
- Saturday Sommelier Luncheon
- Saturday Night Urban BBQ on the Square
- Saturday Chocolate Enchantment
- Sunday Morning Sessions
- Sunday Grand Tasting:Industry Focus
- Sunday Afternoon Sessions
Tickets available on the website. You can buy tickets to indiviual events or day and event passes. If you are a "foodie" this event is not to be missed!