Bring San Francisco’s streets to life!
Sunday Streets creates a safe, fun, car-free place for people to get out and get active in San Francisco neighborhoods. Last year’s two events drew more than 15,000 people each weekend creating huge demand for more. This year, we’ve expanded the event to six Sundays, opening the streets to San Franciscans to explore four different neighborhoods and participate in a wide variety of activities, including: dancing, biking, skating, walking, hula hooping, yoga, and just people watching.
Kid’s Activities: Main Event Area (Lincoln/ Great Highway) and Great Highway at Sloat
Presented by the YMCA of San Francisco
* Heroix 4 Kids* It’s Yoga Kids!* Hula Hoops, obstacle course, and kid’s games* “Penguins to Penguins” activities, presented by the CA Academy of Sciences and SF Zoo* Zoomobile and “Leaping Lemur” game, penguin crafts, SF Zoo- Great Highway at Sloat
Roller Skating: JFK Drive in Golden Gate Park, near 6th Ave
Presented by David Miles- the ‘Godfather of Skate’, the California Outdoor Rollersports Association
* Free skating lessons from 10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.* Roller rink (over 100 roller skates available for free use, while supplies last)* Thriller Dance and tribute to Michael Jackson skate dance demo- 12:30 – 1:30 P.M.
Dance: JFK Drive at Transverse, Golden Gate Park
Presented by Cheryl Burke Dance Studio
* East Coast Swing: 10 - 10:30 A.M.* Salsa: 10:45 - 11:15 A.M.* Boomercize® Dance workout: 11:30 - 12 Noon* Boomercize® Dance workout: 1 - 1:30 P.M.
Yoga and Martial Arts: JFK Drive east of Chain of Lakes, across from Bison Paddock
Presented by Golden Gate Kokikai Aikido and Purusha Yoga
o 10-12 noon Kokikai Aikido Demonstrations and Introductory Classeso 12 noon Yoga by Purusha Yoga
Live Music: Various locations:
* Noriega/ Upper Great Highway, Pedal Powered stage by Rock the Bike* Taraval/ Upper Great Highway, music by Aoede Music, Grain
Rivera Activity Area: Rivera and Upper Great Highway, Ocean Beach, Seawall
* Fitness activities* Hungry? Grab a snack to go: provided by local vendors Celia’s, Other Avenues Coop, Le Bahn Mi* Acoustic Music Jam Area (Seawall)* Beach Activities, TBA
Bike: Taraval and Upper Great Highway
Presented by the Presidio Community YMCA Bike Program and the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
* 150 free bike rentals byo Bike & Roll (Taraval)o Bay City Bike Rentals and Tours (Lincoln and Great Highway)* Bike & Roll’s ‘fun cycle, a bicycle built for seven!* Sports Basement “Lube Fairies” (Lincoln and Great Highway)* REI Bike Repair (Taraval)* Youth Bike Rodeo by Presidio Community YMCA (Taraval)* SFBC’s Freedom From Training Wheels (Taraval)* Adult Bike Education hands on lessons (at Free Bike Rental Stations)